Michigan DNR Weekly ‘everything’ Fishing Report 11-4-21
Full Fishing Report available HERE! It doesn’t have much in it for Musky Fishing unfortunately but it did have some pointers for taking that picture of your catch before releasing – NT.
Fishing Tip: Taking great catch-and-release photos
Are you an avid catch-and-release angler? Do you like to take photos of the fish you catch, prior to returning them to the water? Do you know the safest way to take these photos so you ensure the fish can live to be caught another day?
Here are some steps you can follow:
- Wet your hands before you handle the fish; that way you won’t remove any of the protective mucus (or slime) that coats the fish’s body.
- Remember fish can’t breathe out of water, so they will become uncomfortable rather quickly. Keep the fish in the water until your camera is ready to take the shot.
- Take the photo with the fish fairly close to the water, so if it squirms out of your hands it will land in the water and not on a hard surface.
- While holding the fish, don’t pinch or squeeze it and don’t stick your fingers in its gills.
- Be mindful of the different kinds of fish that have teeth and/or spines that could stick you
Tournament Tuesday: 2023 Challunge on the Chain Tournament
28th Annual Challunge on the Chain – The Oldest & Largest Muskie Tournament of Illinois – All details and rules…
Tournament Tuesdays: Monday Night Muskie League – First Meeting Monday, May 15, 2023
Team & Rules Meeting for the Monday Night Muskie League is set for next Monday, May 15, 2023 – Details…
Fox River Valley Meeting – Wednesday 5/10/23
The Fox River Valley Muskies Inc Chapter will host their Monthly meeting with Austin Wiggerman as their guest speaker this…
GET THE NEWSLETTER
Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.
GET THE MAGAZINE
Subscribe & Save
Give a Gift | Subscribe Services
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.