Capital City Chapter of Muskies Inc. Fall Tournament…see details
2 people per team—one team per boat, Limited to 100 boats. $50 deposit will hold your spot.
- Muskies Inc. members $75/person*
*Must be a Muskies Inc member at time of registration to receive discount.
- Non-Muskies Inc members $100/person
- Includes Raffle Ticket for each team member
A down payment of $50 per team is required to reserve your spot. The balance is due by October 3rd. Deposit is refundable up to October 1st.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old or be fishing with a parent or legal guardian.
- All participants must fill out a Capital City Muskies Inc. (CCMI) waiver.
- No one other than the two participants are allowed in a boat.
- NO alcohol is allowed in team’s boat during tournament hours.
- When operating your boat above trolling speed, PFDs must be worn.
- All participants must follow all local and state boating and fishing regulations.
- Participants shall conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner at all times to all boaters.
- No fishing within 100 feet of another participant.
- No fishing for any species before takeoff on the day of the Tournament.
- No spotter or guide boats.
- You may not leave your boat during tournament hours, except in an emergency or dangerous weather.
- Open Waters: Lake Monona, Lake Waubesa, and the waters connecting them
- Off limits: Any creek or river at the point they enter or exit tournament waters
- Fish must be caught during tournament hours 7am-4pm on October 16th, 2021.
- Casting or trolling only, no live or dead natural bait, 2 lines/lures per TEAM.
- Catch, Photo, Release. A HEALTHY RELEASE OF ALL FISH IS MOST IMPORTANT!!
Tournament officials will be on the water to assist participants, take photos of the event, and make rulings if needed.
CHEATING: Any team caught cheating will result in disqualification, forfeiture of entry fee, and be banned from this event in the future.
Failure to follow tournament rules will result in disqualification.
All rules potentially have “loopholes”, CCMI’s intention is to have a fair and honest event. “Common sense” and “spirit of the rule” shall apply at all times. CCMI Tournament officials have the final ruling.
Teams are responsible for:
- Having their own bump board, no sticks or tape measures
- Having a valid Wisconsin fishing license
- Having a smartphone to photograph and register fish
Must register in person prior to Takeoff. Olin Boat Launch or Lake Farm Boat Launch.
- You will receive your starting position (determined by random drawing)
- An item that must be in the photo of your fish
- Sticker for your bump board and outboard motor
Takeoff: 7:00 am – Two Locations, Olin Boat Launch and Lake Farm Boat Launch
End of Tournament: 4:00 pm – You do not need to return to the take off location to check out
Awards and Door Prizes: 5:00 pm Must be Present to Win. Location TBD
When a Muskie is caught
- Immediately call the phone number provided. Keep the fish in the water.
- Take a photo of the fish on the bump board, with sticker showing. Pinching the tail is allowed.
- Take a photo of the person holding the fish and the item given to you at registration.
- Put the fish back in the net and make sure all items above are clearly visible in the photos.
- Release the fish and text the photos to the number provided.
In the event that a fish dies, half of the points for that fish will be deducted. That angler will be done fishing for the tournament.
Muskies Inc scoring system
- 30″ = 4 points
- 1 point per inch over 30 (Round up for ½” or greater)
- Late up to 5 minutes -4 points.
- Late 5-10 minutes -8 points.
- Late more than 10 minutes -lose all points.
- Actual length of fish
- The team that caught the fish first
- With multiple fish, the team with the longest single fish
- If still tied, it will be decided by a coin toss
Awards and Raffle starting at 5pm. Location TBD
In the event of extreme weather or other unforeseen circumstance that is out of the control of CCMI, the tournament will be cancelled and entry fees will be refunded. The decision will be made Wednesday evening.
Questions or concerns with the rules? Contact Brian Falleck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament Tuesday: 2023 Challunge on the Chain Tournament
28th Annual Challunge on the Chain – The Oldest & Largest Muskie Tournament of Illinois – All details and rules…
Tournament Tuesdays: Monday Night Muskie League – First Meeting Monday, May 15, 2023
Team & Rules Meeting for the Monday Night Muskie League is set for next Monday, May 15, 2023 – Details…
Fox River Valley Meeting – Wednesday 5/10/23
The Fox River Valley Muskies Inc Chapter will host their Monthly meeting with Austin Wiggerman as their guest speaker this…
GET THE NEWSLETTER
Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.
GET THE MAGAZINE
Subscribe & Save
Give a Gift | Subscribe Services
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.